The Cat's Tale

The Student News Site of Canadian High School

The Cat's Tale

The Cat's Tale

Senior Jack Craft battled the massive Smokehouse Creek wildfire with the Locust Grove Volunteer Fire Department on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Photo provided by Jack Craft.
Battling the Blaze
March 8, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

Are orientation rotations beneficial?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Wildcats beat the Bushland Falcons

Canadian Wildcats keep lead despite Bushland comeback
Will Fry
Wildcats celebrate touchdown.

Friday, September 1st, the Canadian Wildcat football team battled the Bushland Falcons in what was named News Channel 10s game of the week. This is the fourth year in a row that the Wildcats have faced the Falcons. The past two years, the Falcons have managed to come out on top. Not this year though. The Wildcats came out ready to play on their home field, newly named Chris Koetting field. The Wildcats started strong with a touchdown by Luke Flowers. The first quarter would end with the Wildcats up 21-0 over the Falcons. The Wildcats had a strong first half of the second quarter leading 35-0, then Bushland gained some momentum and scored 14 points. A field goal by Emi Hernandez would make it 38-14 heading into halftime. A fumble by Wyatt Davis early in the 3rd quarter caused a complete shift in the momentum, giving Bushland hope to come back and win. They closed the gap making the score 38-28 halfway through the third. However, the Wildcats did not give up. They pulled away from the Falcons, ending the game 55-35.

Donate to The Cat's Tale

Your donation will support the student journalists of Canadian High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.