The Cat's Tale

The Student News Site of Canadian High School

The Cat's Tale

The Cat's Tale

Senior Jack Craft battled the massive Smokehouse Creek wildfire with the Locust Grove Volunteer Fire Department on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Photo provided by Jack Craft.
Battling the Blaze
March 8, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

Are orientation rotations beneficial?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Childress vs Canadian: A Preview

This upcoming Friday, the Wildcats will be facing off against the Childress Bobcats at our very own field, kickoff is at 7:00 p.m. Head coach Andy Cavalier has no doubt that Childress will come prepared and with their best effort.

“Wildcats are set to have a great week of practice in preparation for this upcoming game,” Cavalier said.

The Wildcats aren’t worried about losing the game. They want to compete together, work together, and play extremely hard.

“We want to make our community proud,” Cavalier said.

Although there are no doubts in our team, Childress has one player that catches our coaches’ attention: #11 Linebacker Scout Smith.

“He is a very physical player and a very good player that makes a lot of the plays for them,” Cavalier said.

Cavalier has the Wildcats preparing by studying Childress’s plays and making strategies for how to react when certain things happen in the game. Wildcats are studying and practicing Monday through Thursday. The game for Childress vs. Canadian is on Friday.

Donate to The Cat's Tale

Your donation will support the student journalists of Canadian High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.