The Cat's Tale

The Student News Site of Canadian High School

The Cat's Tale

The Cat's Tale

Senior Jack Craft battled the massive Smokehouse Creek wildfire with the Locust Grove Volunteer Fire Department on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Photo provided by Jack Craft.
Battling the Blaze
March 8, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

Are orientation rotations beneficial?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Band Update

Band+Update

On October 14, the Canadian High School Band advanced to Area and later preformed at 11:15 a.m. at Ratliff Stadium in Odessa, Texas on October 28. They advanced from prelims in 7th place to finals where later that night the band performed for the final round of the marching contest and placed 7th again. Unfortunately, not making it to state.

Even though the band didn’t make it, the seniors and directors were proud of the band. “We are really proud of the band and our performances, but we’re sad that the band, as a whole, didn’t advance. We truly believed we should’ve made it to state,” Abbi and Myra said.

The Lead Band director John Zalman said that he was proud of how far the band has come along since the beginning of summer band. “I think, number one, we got everything headed in the same direction and wanting to achieve the same goal and when you get a large group of people heading in the same direction then cool things can happen,” Zalman said. “We had our best performance ever at area even though it didn’t turn out the way we wanted. When the band walked off the field, we could tell that we performed our very best and that was cool.”

Donate to The Cat's Tale

Your donation will support the student journalists of Canadian High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.