The Cat's Tale

The Student News Site of Canadian High School

The Cat's Tale

The Cat's Tale

Band Solo and Ensemble
Band Solo and Ensemble
February 15, 2024
Mother Love
February 15, 2024
Ella Walser
Ella Walser
February 15, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

Are orientation rotations beneficial?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Students Awarded with Academic Honors from College Board National Recognition Programs

Canadian High School Celebrates Students Awarded with Academic Honors from College Board National Recognition Programs

Students at CHS earned academic honors from the College Board National Recognition Programs. These programs celebrate students’ hard work in high school and showcase their strong academic performance. The academic honors for rural area, Black, Indigenous, and/or Latino students are an opportunity for students to share their strong academic achievements with colleges and scholarship programs that are seeking to recruit diverse talent.

At CHS, two students received the academic honor. Andrea Cedillo was awarded National Hispanic Recognition Award (NHRA). Myra Herrera and Elyse Beck were awarded the National Rural and Small Town Award (NRSTA) in attention to the NHRA.

“We’re thrilled to celebrate our students and recognize them for the great work they’ve been doing. We’re proud of their strong academic performance in the classroom and on College Board assessments like the PSAT/NMSQT®, PSAT™ 10, and AP® exams,” said James Bryant, Principal at CHS. “There’s so much that makes our students unique, and receiving this honor reinforces this as an asset for their future.”

The criteria for eligible students include:

• GPA of 3.5 or higher.

• PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10 assessment scores that are within the top 10% of assessment takers in each state for each award program or earned a score of 3 or higher on 2 or more AP Exams in 9th and 10th grade.

• Attend school in a rural area or small town, or identify as African American/Black, Hispanic American/Latino, or Indigenous/Native.