The Cat's Tale

The Student News Site of Canadian High School

The Cat's Tale

The Cat's Tale

Senior Jack Craft battled the massive Smokehouse Creek wildfire with the Locust Grove Volunteer Fire Department on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Photo provided by Jack Craft.
Battling the Blaze
March 8, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

Are orientation rotations beneficial?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Ella Walser

2023 salutatorian Ella Walser graduated from Canadian High School in May and is now attending Texas Tech as a freshman. Her biggest challenge in college is time management and organization. “Not only do you make your own schedule, but you also have to feed yourself and balance your social life with school.” College is better than Ella dreamed it would be. Ella has found a community and friends she can count on. She loves that Target and HEB are close by. Ella is currently studying mechanical engineering. The thing Ella misses about Canadian is the community and knowing everyone in town. “I miss being able to have everyday conversations with people in Alexander’s or Brown Bag.”  When asked if being independent was a dream or nightmare, Ella says it is a dream. She loves being able to set her schedule, get work done, and have free time. High school is always busy, so it’s nice to have time to chill out and be with friends. When asked what advice to give high schoolers, Ella advises appreciating your parents’ cooking. “The dining hall food is not great.” The coolest thing Ella found in college is running into people you know even though Texas Tech is a giant school.

Donate to The Cat's Tale

Your donation will support the student journalists of Canadian High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.